I dedicate this new blog thread to my father Bobbo, who worked for the Forest Service. On one of our last family visits we sat around and gleefully read out a list describing groups of animals … See how many you can guess. Answers listed at the bottom of the page.
- The shrewdness shrewdly assessed the jungle floor.
- This obstinacy obstinately refused to budge.
- The covert covertly hid, migrating only at night.
- The big bask basked in the river, seemingly aware nothing would dare attack them.
- In spite of myself I was charmed by the pitiful piteousness.
- The safe sought safety on the shoreline.
- Shrewdness of apes 
- Obstinacy of buffalo
- Covert of coots
- Bask of crocodiles
- Piteousness of doves
- Safe of ducks (on land)
NOTES:  All 22 species of apes, which include great apes and gibbons, are threatened with extinction. Endangered Species © Jadi Campbell 2017. All photos © Uwe Hartmann. To see more of Uwe’s animal photos and pics from our trips go to viewpics.de. Fun animal names from www.writers-free-reference.com, Mother Nature Network and www.reference.com.